Policies for Faculty Authored Articles
Who Can Submit
Idun only publishes materials about work conducted under the auspices of Augsburg University. For additional information, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
A paper may be updated or removed from public view by sending a request to the system administrator at email@example.com. However, a citation to the original version of the paper will always remain on the site.
Authors do not have an opportunity to approve papers they have submitted prior to them becoming publicly available on the site; therefore, please be sure that the paper is ready for public distribution.
Rights and Permissions
Before submitting a paper to the repository, please be sure that all necessary permissions have been cleared. You retain the copyright to your paper and grant Augsburg University the perpetual, nonexclusive right to publish this material, meaning that you may also publish it elsewhere.
How to find out if your journal publisher allows deposit in Idun
Most publishers have a policy about depositing works in institutional repositories. The University of Pennsylvania maintains a Publisher Policy Database that makes it easy to look up the policies and requirements for different publishers.
If you don't see your publisher on the list, or they don't have published policies, you can write to your publisher and ask. There is a model letter that you are free to use when asking for permission.
By depositing this Content (“Content”) in the Augsburg University Institutional Repository known as Idun, I agree that I am solely responsible for any consequences of uploading this Content to Idun and making it publicly available, and I represent and warrant that:
- I am either the sole creator or the owner of the copyrights in the Content; or, without obtaining another’s permission, I have the right to deposit the Content in an archive such as Idun.
- To the extent that any portions of the Content are not my own creation, they are used with the copyright holder’s expressed permission or as permitted by law. Additionally, the Content does not infringe the copyrights or other intellectual property rights of another, nor does the Content violate any laws or another’s right of privacy or publicity.
- The Content contains no restricted, private, confidential, or otherwise protected data or information that should not be publicly shared.
- To access, reproduce, distribute and publicly display the Content, in whole or in part, to secure, preserve and make it publicly available
- To make derivative works based upon the Content in order to migrate to other media or formats, or to preserve its public access.
I understand that Augsburg University will do its best to provide perpetual access to my Content. To support these efforts, I grant the Board of Regents of Augsburg University, through its library, the following non-exclusive, perpetual, royalty free, worldwide rights and licenses:
These terms do not transfer ownership of the copyright(s) in the Content. These terms only grant to Augsburg University the limited license outlined above.